Lost Family Account Organiser Master Password

Options
DHol91
DHol91
Community Member

Hi All

I have a 1 password family account, with an organiser account and 2 child accounts underneath it.

The organiser account itself contained no passwords and was used only to manage billing.

We still have access to the two child accounts, however we have lost the master password to the organiser account.

We have taken a paper backup of all passwords stored in the child accounts so there is no data loss issue here (however if there is an easier way of transferring them to a new account it would be much appreciated)

Ideally i would want to just transfer the two child accounts underneath a new family organiser account

How is best to proceed?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DHol91! Welcome to the forum! :)

I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families accounts that has another admin in the Families account other than just you.

If you are part of a Families account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com to avoid sharing your account information here. We can certainly help you delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

Please let me know how it goes.

• DHol91
    DHol91
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

Thankyou for your reply. Unfortunately it will be the latter. I have emailed the address provided

Thanks

DH

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

@DHol91 you are very welcome! Thank you for the update, I see that Megan is already helping you over there :)

Have a wonderful day!

ref: SLT-17514-971

This discussion has been closed.