1Password Browser Extension broken

Options
mbowker
mbowker
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Mac

Hello!

My 1Password browser extensions have completely broken in the latest betas. When I click the button, all of the browser controls grey out for a second and then nothing happens. Meanwhile, 1Password doesn't see the extension installed, complaining about "Install the 1Password Extension to fill passwords, credit cards, and addresses in Firefox Nightly."

This has been tested in three browsers:

• Safari Version 12.0.3 (14606.4.5)
  • Firefox Nightly 67.0a1 (2019-03-12) (64-bit)
  • Google Chrome 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I am running the public beta version of Mac OS. I've noticed that this has been brought up before, however; most of the replies I've seen have said this issue should be fixed by this beta. That does not appear to be the case.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-3 (70300003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3 (18D109)
Sync Type: 1Password.com Families

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mbowker! I'm sorry for the trouble. This issue should indeed by fixed by this beta; that it's not in your case is possibly down to the fact that you're running macOS beta as well, but it could also be other things. Do you have ANY other copies of 1Password (however old) on your system ANYWHERE (including other partitions, attached external drives including backups, etc)?

• mbowker
    mbowker
    Community Member
    Options

Okay. I can get my hands on a copy of 1Password 6 off my fiance's computer, I'll give that a try.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mbowker - I didn't mean for you to go install an older copy of 1Password, I meant make sure you don't have any older/other copies installed on any drive connected to your current Mac. No backups/external drives/other partitions.

• mbowker
    mbowker
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, my misunderstanding. No, the beta is the only version of 1Password I have installed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mbowker

Can you please let us know what version of the 1Password extension you are running in your browsers?

In the meantime, can I also have you try to update to 1Password 7.3.BETA-4 as well? It's also a good idea to restart your browsers after the update too.

Please keep us posted!

• mbowker
    mbowker
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, so apologies it took so long for me to reply.

The issue turned out to be the browser restart bug fixed in BETA-6. A forced computer reboot a week or so ago forced this issue to be fixed.

Thank you again! Y'all are awesome.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @mbowker! I am happy to hear everything is working fine again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.