Password Generator - possible to reuse same complexity from last password change?

Options
grnd3fct
grnd3fct
Community Member

More and more often, I need to update my password for specific sites at regular intervals due to various expiry requirements. Would it be possible to have the password generator remember the last complexity settings I used (for that specific password) so that all I need to do is generate a password and copy it and not worry about different complexity settings? It seems that the pass generator reuses the last complexity settings overall, rather than for that specific password/item. Sites and systems tend to have the same complexity settings especially if they regularly prompt to set a new password.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password generator

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @grnd3fct! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

Currently it's not possible to configure the password generator on a site-by-site basis, but I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

• grnd3fct
    grnd3fct
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, ag_ana! Happy to contribute to an already fantastic product!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the kind words, and for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.