Finding location of vault for 1Password 6

mkp101
mkp101
Community Member

Hi. I have two Macs using my 1Password account. I recently deleted some files on one of the Macs, and 1Password stopped syncing on that Mac. I set up the syncing on that mac to a folder in OneDrive where I thought it was syncing, but it seems to be syncing with an old version of the vault. How do I find out the location of the current version of the vault?
When I go to Preferences > Sync, it says "Sync Primary vault with iCloud", but I can't see any files in iCould related to 1Password.
Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:location of 1password vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mkp101!

iCloud does not allow you to view files stored there this way unfortunately (it doesn't work like OneDrive from this point of view). Were you maybe referring to the location of your local vault files instead?

• mkp101
    mkp101
    Community Member

Thanks for quick reply. I'd like to set up the second Mac to sync from the same location as the first Mac, but I'm not sure where the first Mac is syncing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mkp101: If you open 1Password on your first Mac and go to 1Password Preferences > Sync tab, you will see your current sync settings. What sync method is currently showing there?

Here is a screenshot of that settings tab:

• mkp101
    mkp101
    Community Member

It says iCloud. Screenshot attached.
    I notice that OneDrive has a file called 1Password.agilekeychain, but maybe it's an old version not being used?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mkp101: OneDrive is not a sync method we officially support, so it's possible this is something you also configured, either in the past, or in addition to iCloud sync. Unfortunately, because 1Password has no settings to configure OneDrive syncing, I cannot say which one of these is the case.

Now that we have confirmed that 1Password is set to sync via iCloud, I recommend going through the steps included in our iCloud troubleshooting article. Because iCloud is not under our control (only you can access it through your Apple ID) we won't be able to help you troubleshoot outside the scope of this article, but that article is definitely the first step to try.

• mkp101
    mkp101
    Community Member

You're a champion. That fixed it. Both Macs are syncing perfectly now.
    A few months ago I thought I set it up to sync on OneDrive, but it looks like it's been syncing to iCloud all along. That's fine. I'll keep syncing to iCloud. Can I delete that file in Onedrive called 1Password.agilekeychain?
    Thanks very much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Yep! If you've got all your data in 1Password syncing with iCloud, OneDrive won't be involved at all. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.