Are there any adverse effects to changing the team name and sign-in address on my 1P Team account?

sburke
sburke
Community Member

Due to an upcoming business name change, I would like to change both the team name and sign-in address on my company's 1Password account. Are there any adverse effects on my users of such a change? Will they need to relogin to 1Password? Reregister?
Any help you could provide will be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change sign in

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sburke! Welcome to the forum!

Your users will not have to reregister, but they will have to update their account information inside the apps. This means that they might have to logout and login again with the new URL.

They should also generate a new Emergency Kit after the change, so they have the updated one :)

• sburke
    sburke
    Community Member

Ag_ana, thank you so much for the quick reply. I will adjust my expectations accordingly and let my users know what they can expect when we rename the team/URL.

• Re-generating their emergency kit is a good thing for them to do, but in most cases there isn't actually anything that users need to do in the apps themselves. The apps and the server work together to migrate the users to the new sign-in address automatically as long as they unlock the app within 30 days of the change.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.