“(null)” is damaged and can’t be opened."

Options
sean_passes
sean_passes
Community Member

Hi: Having the following issue. Got this error when trying to open 1Password a few days ago:

“(null)” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “(null)” and download it again from the App Store.

Followed steps to uninstall 1Password completely., and then re-installed with App Store. Had to re-authenticate with my iCloud account — there was a strange warning about the purchase having been made on a different computer, which I wouldn't think is true — but was able to get everything working again.

Same problem today: “(null)” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “(null)” and download it again from the App Store.

I went through the same steps: removed 1Password and re-installed. But can't get the app to open.

It just bounces in the dock, goes through the "Verifying 1Password" process, and then says: "“(null)” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “(null)” and download it again from the App Store."

What can I do?

FWIW, this coincided with my MacBook Pro's internal wifi card failing (had to replace with USB wifi dongle).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• sean_passes
    sean_passes
    Community Member
    Options

Have a diagnostics report; will copy this post into an email and send.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @sean_passes

Have you tried using any other apps that you've purchased from the App Store?

Ben

ref: PKR-68618-587

This discussion has been closed.