msadesign
msadesign
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Mac

Computer: 2016, 13," Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports
Memory: 16GB
1Password: 1Password 7, Version 7.2.5 (70205002), AgileBits Store
1P Extension: 7.2.5

Being a new 1P user, I'm not sure about expected behavior, or if this question has been asked. Searching these pages builds many hits, and while I did go through them, I just wasn't sure of the answers, nor the applicability of answers to my issues.

I am a very experienced user, though, and the inability to work this out is making me irritable :-)

So, this new question.
On each and every reboot, 1P shows me the big window with the 1P logo in the center and with a text input box below, suggesting "Enter Your Master Password." Is this expected behavior?

I checked Login Items, which does not include any sort of 1P/Agile Bits document/ app.
I checked the 1P preferences. All prefs are set to default, excepting the following:
• Conceal Passwords in unchecked
• Lock time is 30 minutes
• Clipboard contents clearing is 600 seconds
• Vaults opens to Personal
• Automatically install updates is Unchecked
• Spotlight app integration is enabled

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: not sure?
Referrer: forum-search:Enter Master Password every time I turn on my Mac?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @msadesign

On each and every reboot, 1P shows me the big window with the 1P logo in the center and with a text input box below, suggesting "Enter Your Master Password." Is this expected behavior?

It is expected that when you launch 1Password after a reboot you'd need to enter your Master Password. It is not expected that 1Password would open automatically after each reboot. Could you please clarify which you were asking about?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.