Authentication Error every time I introduce the Master Password in a Mac

Options
kikohidalgo
kikohidalgo
Community Member

Every time I open 1password introducing the Master Password in my Mac (OS Mojave 10.14.4) a window pops up with an authentication error message saying that 1Password is having problems to start the sesion. I have to introduce the Master Password again (the Secret Key, email and URL are correct). When I introduce it, the program works fine and the error doesn't come up again. This is a little bit anoying. The problem happens if I start 1Password from Safari, or directly from the program. I do not have any problems in Windows or IOS, only with my MAC.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojeve 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @kikohidalgo! I'm sorry for the trouble. Do you have only a 1password.com account, or do you also have a standalone (Primary) vault in 1Password? If you're not sure, you can click 1Password's Preferences > Vaults and check: how many vaults are there, and what are their names?

• kikohidalgo
    kikohidalgo
    Community Member
    Options

I have only a 1password.com account. In the past I had a standalone vault but I migrate it to the 1password.com account. Inside my account I have four vaults (work, personal, wife, son)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kikohidalgo,

Can you please share a screenshot of this error message with us?

• kikohidalgo
    kikohidalgo
    Community Member
    Options

This is the screenshot:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kikohidalgo - thanks for that. Are you able to sign into your 1password.com account using a browser? In other words, if you visit https://my.1password.com in your favorite browser, are you able to enter the Secret Key, Master Password and your email address, and successfully sign into your account?

• kikohidalgo
    kikohidalgo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars:

Yes I can. No problem at all.

• kikohidalgo
    kikohidalgo
    Community Member
    Options

I can sign into my account in any browser and with any program (Windows 10, Mac OS, IOS). The problem is that only in the Mac version ask me to enter my Master Password again with the message shown before. But even if I press the button 'Not Now' I can work normally afterwards. I do not understand why this message is shown.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the additional information @kikohidalgo. If all of your data is visible to you when you log in to my.1password.com (including any recent changes you've made) then I would suggest resetting 1Password for Mac and logging into your account fresh. To do so launch 1Password and from the menu bar select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. Then, from the welcome screen, sign in to your membership account.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• kikohidalgo
    kikohidalgo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben. I’ve done what you suggest (reset all data). Same problem. No improvement. Once I sign in twice the program works fine.

• kikohidalgo
    kikohidalgo
    Community Member
    Options

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kikohidalgo: Unfortunately if 1Password for Mac is not being permitted to connect to the server, there isn't anything we can do to help. Do you have "security" software or settings that may be interfering? Certainly it's expected that the browser wouldn't be blocked, as that would be immediately noticeable when you couldn't use the internet at all. But anything preventing the 1Password app from connecting securely will cause what you're seeing -- that could be something on your computer or on the network itself, and we have no way of knowing specifically what that might be; you'd have a better chance of that, since you probably configured it. Let me know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.