Why is 1Password enabled in iCloud Drive when I only sync using WLAN?

mgl03
mgl03
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Mac

Out of personal preference, I only synced my 1Password data using a WLAN server. This has been my default operation since the release of 1Password for iOS.

While cleaning up my Mac, and specifically iCloud Drive, I noticed that 1Password is enabled to "store documents and data in iCloud."

Why is this? It's baffling since I make a concerted effort to protect my password data locally, and prevent it from being in the cloud.

Could it be related to the trial of 1Password for Families that I tested, and never proceeded with, the other month?

Any help is welcomed.

Comments

• Hi @mgl03

Because 1Password is capable of syncing with iCloud it is in this list. The fact that it is there does not mean that 1Password is syncing with iCloud. You can check if 1Password is syncing with iCloud in 1Password > Preferences > Sync.

Could it be related to the trial of 1Password for Families that I tested, and never proceeded with, the other month?

No. 1Password Families does not utilize iCloud for storing 1Password data (it uses 1Password.com).

Ben

• mgl03
    mgl03
    Community Member

@Ben Thank you for clarifying.

• You're very welcome. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.