I would like to be able to set pin as the preferred way to open 1Password.

I'm lazy and want to cut down on the number of things that have to happen to use 1Password. On Chrome, I have to touch the three buttons, then the 1Password icon, then the pin button before entering the pin and then selecting the item I want. I wish Chrome would let me put the 1Password icon on the "front" instead of in a sub menu. But, it seems like a default logon choice ought to be possible. I know that a password is required the first time after a reboot and maybe after an upgrade, but...

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: No clue
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:pin vs password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevewoo: What "pin button" are you referring to?

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

You can enter your password or use a pin. If you want pin, you have to click on the pin button or touch it on your touch screen.

• It sounds like you're referring to Windows Hello, @stevewoo. Are you talking about needing to click the icon below the Master Password field after clicking the 1Password icon in your toolbar? If so, you can actually avoid clicking that already – just press Enter with the Master Password field empty and 1Password will automatically prompt for Hello. Note, however, that the default Hello option (PIN, fingerprint, facial recognition) is set by Windows – whatever method you unlock Windows with, the same will be used by default for 1Password and the only way to change that default is to change your unlock method for Hello in Windows settings. :+1:

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

I did not know that. Thank you. I was looking to minimize the number of keystrokes required to get to a result. This doesn't save any keystrokes (what a curmudgeon!) I liked it when the 1Password icon was directly on the Chrome toolbar rather than one level down.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure I follow. We haven't (and can't) change how Chrome works: you'll still find a single button in the toolbar for the Chrome extension, which can be opened with a mouse click or using the keyboard. If it's suddenly taking you more keystrokes/clicks, that's going to be something specific to how you've configured things on your machine.

This discussion has been closed.