Suggested New Feature

tianyuyan
tianyuyan
Community Member

Hi team,

Apologies if this feature has already been suggested and feel free to ignore, if so.

It would be great when using new services (websites/apps/etc.) on your (android) phone that when you are prompted to search your 1Password for your log in details, you had the option to create a new password.

Currently, the "Autofill with 1Password" pop-up appears, you press it and unlock your vault, and it will say "Select the account that you want to use with " and then there is the search 1Password option below.

My suggestion would be to include underneath search, a "create new credentials?" button where you could use the 1Password password generator instead of having to open the app and create a new entry in your database.

It would mean a link between the password and app was immediately created (currently, if I create the password as a separate log-in, I think I end up with two sets of stored data for a service) and improve user experience and security.

Many thanks for the great work.

PS. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8+.

1Password Version: 7.1.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tianyuyan: It's definitely come up before and something we also want, but it helps a lot to gauge interest since there are so many different improvements we want to make own 1Password. Thanks for taking the time to let us know you'd like to be able to create a new login in 1Password right from Autofill/accessibility. Hopefully we can grant that request in a future version. :chuffed:

• tianyuyan
    tianyuyan
    Community Member

Sweeeeet, thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your interest! Enjoy 1Password! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.