Search for not tagged?

horatio8
horatio8
Community Member

I just upgraded to a membership after using 1P for many years. I used to have 3 folders, personal, business, and unfiled. The unfiled were my new items, that I eventually had to go back and file into the personal or business folder.

How do I now search for items that don't have a tag, so I can give them a personal or business tag? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@horatio8 - I'm a little unclear on whether "Unfiled" was an actual folder you had created and were using, or whether this just means "anything that had not already been filed into either Business or Personal."

When you upgrade from version 6 to version 7, your folders are converted to tags. If "Unfiled" was a real folder previously in version 6, then you would need only to search for anything with an "unfiled" tag. If "unfiled" just means something in no particular folder, then just click the magnifying glass to the left of the search bar at the top of the item list in 1Password 7 for Mac's main window, and choose "Show Search Options." Then make sure you're searching on All Items, and set the search term to "Number of tags" is "0". That should give you any "Unfiled" items from 1Password 6 for Mac. Hope that helps! :)

• horatio8
    horatio8
    Community Member

Lars - thanks for parsing my message correctly...unfiled means not in a folder (anything that wasn't assigned to the business or personal folder). I will try this on the Mac when home, as I couldn't figure out how to get "show search options" on my Windows machine, or my iOS devices.

• horatio8
    horatio8
    Community Member

I answered my question, but created another. In the Windows version (would assume the same for the Mac version) the search term Tag: returns entries without a tag.

My new question, can I add a tag to multiple items at the same time? For some reason, over 200 of my previously tagged (put in a folder) items from 1P6 were migrated without a tag. It would be time consuming to add tags one by one to get back to where I was before the migration.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@horatio - in 1Password 7 for Mac, you can create a tag by adding it to any single item. Once the tag is created, you'll see it in the left sidebar of 1Password's main window, under the "Tags" section. What you can do from there is, while viewing All Items, command-click (or shift-click) to select multiple other items you want to tag with the same tag you just created, then simply drag them onto that tag in the sidebar.

• horatio8
    horatio8
    Community Member

Excellent! - thanks for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@horatio8 - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.