Accessibility options do not stay set on Android 7

anna212
anna212
Community Member

I have Accessibility turned on so 1PW can autofill my passwords. However, from time to time this stops working, and I have to copy and paste passwords. Eventually, I remember to check my settings, and I find Accessibility is turned off. This has happened to me several times. Unfortunately, there is too much of a delay for me remember if anything may have caused it, like restarting my phone or updating the app.

It would be great if the app remembered Accessibility settings better. Resorting to copy/paste is frustrating and some apps to don't even allow you to paste in passwords.

Hopefully this can be fixed, or do you have any ideas of how I can make sure my settings are saved. I have a Galaxy S6.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1.3 for Android
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @anna212. Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. The Accessibility service is resource intensive, so it may be being shut down in the background by the system or another app. Do you have any optimization apps on this device?

• anna212
    anna212
    Community Member

No, I do not have any optimization apps.

• Thanks for getting back to me, @anna212. Does the device have any built-in features that do this? Many devices have this built-in, and you should be able to find this in your device settings.

• anna212
    anna212
    Community Member

I've added 1PW to a list of apps that can use as much power as they want. Hopefully that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Definitely keep us updated! Cryptographic functions do tend to use a fair bit of power. :)

• anna212
    anna212
    Community Member

I think I found the issue (or part of it). My battery was getting very low, so I turned on Max Power Saving mode. After charging, when I switched back to the normal mode, accessibility was switched off in 1PW. I turned it back on and things went to normal. It would be nice if 1PW could remember previous settings like that. Or is that a phone issue?

• Thanks for the update, @anna212. Accessibility services tend to be resource intensive, so any program that tries to reserve resources will likely shut them off. So it sounds like the battery saver mode on your device is indeed shutting this off. You may be able to go to the app settings for 1Password and exclude it from battery saver mode.

This discussion has been closed.