1Password WearOS App

nywillb
nywillb
Community Member

Does anyone know if there are any plans to make a WearOS app for 1Password? Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Hey there, it's certainly something we'd love to do in the future, but we don't have any definite plans at the moment.

I have a watch running Wear OS myself, so I would love to see this happen a lot too—I'll be sure to pass on the idea to our development team :chuffed:

• nywillb
    nywillb
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your quick response!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @nywillb :+1:! If you ever have any more feedback, we're all ears.

• @nywillb Thanks for the feature request! :) Is there something particular you want to see in a 1Password app for Wear OS? I would love to learn more about how you would use it.

• nywillb
    nywillb
    Community Member

@saad I think that I would mostly use it for accessing passwords, for example, when I am at school I often have to log on on another device (usually a printer - we use PaperCut). It would be nice if I could use my watch to access the password and two factor authentication codes, which I think is possible with an Apple Watch.

Thank you so much for your quick response, and for an awesome password manager!

• saad
    edited April 2018

@nywillb Interesting, it sounds like you want to have quicker access to your Login items when needing to sign-in manually by typing on shared devices. I’ll share those details with our team, thanks.

And yes, you can send items for viewing in the 1Password app on the Apple Watch! :)

• seanfrisbey
    seanfrisbey
    Community Member

Just adding my +1 to this topic, in case it helps. I would LOVE to have wrist access to my passwords, AND credit card information. All of it could come in handy. But I think what would be important is that as long as the watch remains unlocked, so should 1Password on the watch, much like Google Pay on the watch, or anything else. To have to type in my 1Password password on my watch would be...[shudders]...unbearable.

• Thanks for the feedback, @seanfrisbey. I'll share this with our development team.

• jonny833
    jonny833
    Community Member

Please , made 1 password for wear os , is an important app for me (i think for many person) , i had to use another password manager at this time..... please

• herick
    herick
    1Password Alumni

@jonny833 Although we don’t have any plans for Wear OS at this time, we’re still interested in pursuing the option. Are there any features that you are interested in specifically? I’d be glad to share them with the rest of the development team!

• agilerabbit
    agilerabbit
    Community Member

I would love to see my 2FA codes from my wear os watch :)

• Thanks for the feedback @agilerabbit, I'll pass the suggestion along to the development team :)

This discussion has been closed.