What happened to Security Audit?

alvaro87
alvaro87
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

In 1P6, you can use Security Audit to identify weak, duplicate or old passwords. It's a feature that helps (helped) me a lot to improve my security.

In 1P7 BETA 5 there is only the Watchtower feature but not the whole Security Audit one (or I can't find it).

Did I miss anything or did you decide to get rid of that feature? Or is this just a temporary situation while 1P7 is in beta?

Cheers.

1Password Version: 7.0 BETA 5
Extension Version: 7.0 BETA 5
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1P Account

Comments

• Hey @alvaro87! We're adding Security Audit, in all its glory, back to 1Password for Mac in a future beta. It's not quite ready yet. Keep an eye out! :glasses:

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member

Great news!

• No problem! :+1:

• dfjg
    dfjg
    Community Member

That is indeed good news! Can I make a suggestion that when features are temporarily inop some placeholder text could be added to make it clear?

• Thanks for the suggestion, @dfjg. :)

Ben

• neilB
    neilB
    Community Member

Hi Ben, Guys,
    in 2018 Jacob wrote about reintroducing the security audit to v 7 - I have 7.2.5 and I can't find it. Did it used to be in the sidebar? I feel like I've lost my marbles.
    I have the licenced version of 1P, not a pay monthly membership.
    thanks lots

• @neilB,

You're looking for the sidebar header labeled "Watchtower". if you click that you should find several categories that were previously known as "Security Audit"

• neilB
    neilB
    Community Member

Hi Rudy

perfect, just what I wanted. thanks
    its identified a lot of poor passwords, compromised etc.
    very useful feature

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, we've rolled all of the Security Audit features into what we affectionately call "Watchtower 2.0" and added some more as well. Glad you find it useful! :chuffed:

• neilB
    neilB
    Community Member

I do, I love the software a lot. so useful
    thanks to you all

• @neilB,

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.