iPhone upgrade to Xs Max

Options
Lamont
Lamont
Community Member

Will visit Apple Store tomorrow to buy new iPhone Xs Max. Will be trading in iPhone 6 Plus, the iPhone I have been using since purchasing the stand-alone version of 1Password - I believe it is called 1Password Pro 7.3. Apple will be transferring all my apps and data from the old iPhone 6 Plus to the new iPhone Xs Max at their store using Apple's transfer process. Do I have anything to be concerned about, and if so, please tell me how to prepare. I have all my passwords stored in 1Password and cannot afford to lose them.

Thanks,
Lamont

1Password Version: 7.3 Pro standalone
Extension Version: 7.3 standalone
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: have never synced to my knowledge

Comments

• Lamont
    Lamont
    Community Member
    Options

please help

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lamont

I would not recommend relying all of your data coming over to the new phone. Backup, backup, backup. :) You can learn about backing up 1Password here:

1Password backups

Since you have the standalone app (rather than a membership) this is a manual process and you'll need to store the data on your computer -- it won't be backed up with us. The above guide will walk you through it. I'd also highly recommend setting up syncing, even if you only ever plan to use 1Password on one device. It'll make setting up a new device much easier:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

P.S. This isn't a live chat. Please think of it more like public email. We generally reply to all inquiries within 24 hours, often much sooner (as is the case here), but an immediate response should not be expected.

This discussion has been closed.