Password X has entries that don't show up in Desktop

DoctorBrown
DoctorBrown
Community Member
edited April 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I can't seem to find out where these entries are coming from. I don't know why I see them in 1P-X but not the desktop or online account.

As far as I can tell I only have one vault called Personal. If I open the Password X in Firefox and click the IP icon in the upper left, Under MyAccountName I see two entries:
MyAccountName, all items in this account;
Personal, Your private vault.

It's not clear if this Personal vault listed is the same as the Personal vault in the Desktop.
I'm not sure when this happened but I just noticed it today.

I hope this is clear.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1P-X 1.14.3
OS Version: Win 7 Pro x64
Sync Type: 1P account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DoctorBrown: You should be able to check the account(s) you're signed into in each. In 1Password for Windows, you'll find that in the Accounts menu at the top of the main 1Password window. In 1Password X, you'll find that by right-clicking the extension icon and choosing Settings. If you create a new item in the Windows app, does it show up in the 1Password.com web interface? Then, does it show up in 1Password X as well?

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member

Wow, that was Fast! Thanks!
    Yes, a new item created in 1P for Windows does show up in the web interface and 1P-X. If I try to create a new item in 1P-X, it opens the web interface to the one account I have.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DoctorBrown: Ah, good point. If you save a new login at a website using 1Password X (rather than creating one by hand in the web interface) -- for example, here -- does it show up in the 1Password.com web interface and 1Password for Windows?

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

I already had a item for this site so I changed the URL so 1P would not recognize it. Then I created a new login using the Save Login drop down that appears. It appeared in Windows 1Password almost immediately. So 1P-X seems to be working, but I have at least a few entries that show up only in 1P-X.

I think I've nailed it. When I display the logins by a Tag, 1P-X is displaying the items that I've moved to the Trash.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DoctorBrown – thanks for doing some investigating and figuring that out! I was able to reproduce the issue by trashing a tagged item, and I noticed I could still view it by tag as well. I've got it reported to our developers!

ref: x/b5x-1091

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member

Glad to help. All of you here have helped me more than once. You have a great team and excellent response times. Thanks a bunch.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @DoctorBrown! We appreciate it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.