Have 1Password 7 on my laptop and 1 Password 6.6.4 on my iMac. How do I get 1 Password 7 on my iMac

jockboy
jockboy
Community Member

One would think that the "Title" is the obvious question.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have 1Password 7 on my laptop and 1 Password 6.6.4 on my iMac. How do I get 1 Password 7 on my iMac

Comments

• jockboy
    jockboy
    Community Member

I own 1 Password 7 and have it installed on my MacBook Air.
    My iMac has 1 Password 6.6.4 installed.
    How do I get my 1 Password 7 onto my iMac?
    Sorry if it's a silly question.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jockboy! I wouldn't call it a silly question, but our forum software, Vanilla, does not allow for empty messages, is all.

You say you have 1Password 7 for Mac on your laptop; I presume that means you've purchased it either with a 1password.com membership/subscription or by purchasing a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac. If either of those things is the case, all you need to do on your iMac is visit our downloads page and download 1Password 7 for Mac (assuming you're running at least macOS 10.12 (“Sierra”) on the iMac), then run the installer. Follow the instructions for getting set up for your particular situation, whether that's signing into your 1Password account, or syncing standalone data via whatever method you're using on the other computer. Let us know if you have any problems.

• jockboy
    jockboy
    Community Member

Thank you Lars. I'll give it a go. Much appreciated.

• jockboy
    jockboy
    Community Member

Lars, Thank you. All is working OK.
    One more question: How do I go about getting 1Password 7 onto my iPhone Xr?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@jockboy - just like everything else there (unless your are jailbroken, which I hope you aren't): you open the App Store on your phone and search for/download/install 1Password. Current version is 7.3. (or just use this link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/1password/id568903335?ls=1&mt=8 ) :)

When you run it the first time, just sign into your 1password.com account, and you should see all your data immediately. :)

• jockboy
    jockboy
    Community Member

Once again. Thank you Sir. Much appreciated...its all working just fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! And on behalf of Lars, you are welcome @jockboy!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.