Unable to see sync tab [1Password memberships do not have/need sync configuration]

This discussion was created from comments split from: Why is 1Password enabled in iCloud Drive when I only sync using WLAN?.

Comments

• Janusz1
    Janusz1
    Community Member

Hi, I cannot see 1Password in the list of iCloud documents to be synchronises. Also, I can not see SYNCHR icon on Preferences in 1Password. What can be the reason?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Janusz1! If you do not see the Sync pane of 1Password's Preferences, that sounds very much as if you're using a 1password.com membership/account instead of standalone data synced via iCloud (or any other method). If you click Preferences > Vaults, what do you see there? How many vaults, and what are their names?

• Janusz1
    Janusz1
    Community Member

Hi Lars, I can see only two Vaults - local - but not iCloud one - as on my previous computer: Personal and Shared.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Janusz1 - Personal and Shared are not "local" vaults (if you meant "standalone" when you said "local"). They are part of a 1password.com account. If you click Preferences > Accounts, do you see an account there? If so, then that's what those vaults are: part of your 1password.com account. When you have a 1password.com account, your vaults sync directly through the 1password.com servers, not iCloud.

• Janusz1
    Janusz1
    Community Member

Hi, Yes - I know. But on the second computer I can see also MAIN vaults - where all my passwords are stored. On the new installation on new MAC - I have only Personal and Shared and in Preferences no possibility of synchronizing MAIN one with ICloud

• @Janusz1

Is there a reason to have both standalone and membership vaults? When you have access to a membership we'd highly recommend storing your items in membership vaults, rather than standalone vaults. I'd suggest moving all of your items into membership based vaults:

Move and copy items | 1Password

If you'd like to create additional vaults in your membership to accommodate the items currently in the Primary vault you're currently syncing via iCloud you can find instructions on that here:

Create and share vaults

Does that help?

Ben

• Janusz1
    Janusz1
    Community Member

Yes! Thanks! It is working :-) - I have moved everything to my Primary one. Thank you very much!

• @Janusz1

Glad to hear it worked out. :) I assume you mean you moved everything to the Personal vault? If so, we'd recommend deleting the Primary vault. Otherwise it may trip you up going forward:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

:+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.