Path of B5.sqlite on each platform

mickael
mickael
Community Member

Hi,

I have written a tool to do fast CLI queries over the local B5.sqlite database.

Currently, the user has to indicate the path of the database through an environment variable.

I would like to implement an "automatic discovery" feature for each platform.

Would you mind to share with me where are stored the B5.sqlite on each platform ?

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mickael: Interesting. :) This is handled differently depending on the app/version.

For 1Password for Windows version 7, the database is currently located here:

%LocalAppData%\1password\data\1Password10.sqlite

For 1Password for Mac version 7, the database is currently located here:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/B5.sqlite

Just keep in mind that this is 1Password's internal database and it isn't really designed to be used by anything but our client, and its location and schema can change over time. Cheers! :)

• mickael
    mickael
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

@brenty Thanks for the details.

Yes, I know this is a little hackish tool. But without that tool, we couldn't use 1Password so far. We have DevOps scripts that does extensive queries to our password manager. We need a response time around 0.1s and currently our benchmarks with the CLI were aroud 4s.

But I hope that the CLI will introduce in a future release a sync option to perform database queries locally and so vastly improve speed and deprecate my tool :chuffed:

BTW, what's the path on Linux ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Whatever works for you is fine. I just don't want to set expectations that the current structure is immutable when it has changed in the past and will likely change in the future -- especially if we do something along the lines of what you're discussing with Rick here. ;)

We don't have a Linux app, so I can't give you a path there -- just macOS and Windows. Perhaps we'll add a local database to the CLI in the future though. It sounds like that would help some use cases. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.