remember me check box stop working on some site

Justn1
Justn1
Community Member
edited April 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Auto login is checked in web form details and working fine before but today it's stop checking "Log me on automatically each visit" box on mobilism.org. I tried manually create new login but it's still not checking the box.
For other site it's check "remember me" and login like normal.

I use 1password 7 standalone with chrome.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Justn1
    Justn1
    Community Member

Today 1password stop checking "Log me on automatically each visit" checkbox on mobilism.org when "Ctrl+\" to auto login.
    It was working fine couple of days ago and still working fine for other website.
    In 1password program the "auto login" in web form detail is checked.
    Try manually create new login but still not working.

I use chrome with windows 8.1 and 1password7 standalone.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
    Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
    OS Version: windows 8.1
    Sync Type: Standalone

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Justn1: Have you tried manually save a new login with the browser extension? It sounds like maybe you're creating a login by hand in the main 1Password app window. If you're still having trouble, let us know the specific URL so we can investigate. :)

• Justn1
    Justn1
    Community Member

Yes, I tried manually save a new login but still didn't fix it. It happened with both of my account on the same website. I checked auto login parameter because I want to find the cause but all seems normal. My guess is that they might change something in the website code cause it's working 4-5 days ago and stop working now and other website is working fine.
    Here's the url
    https://forum.mobilism.org/ucp.php?mode=login

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@Justn1 - that seems likely, if you've only recently noticed it happen when it wasn't happening previously. I can properly save and fill "dummy" login details using the manual save method brenty suggested in his previous post, but you're correct that even though 1Password properly saves the checkbox, it doesn't appear able to fill it in afterwards.

I'll open a filling issue for this, but in the meantime, I'd suggest checking that box yourself, manually. I can't tell because I don't have an actual account there, but I would imagine such a checkbox is designed to be remembered by the browser so that when you visit in the future, you don't have to enter your credentials again. Assuming you're not aggressively cleaning out your browser's local storage, that should work for you -- and even if it does not, you will have the credentials stored in 1Password, available to re-fill again with just a mouse-click or keystroke. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting! :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#502

• Justn1
    Justn1
    Community Member

Thank you, will check it manually for the meantime and waiting for your fix. :)

I usually use private browsing so the browser's local storage is cleared daily when I close the session.
    The checkbox is meant for when I read through the thread list by date and leave for a break so I don't have to re login and finding which thread I was at again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @Justn1! We'll see what we can do :)

This discussion has been closed.