Bring back the "fly-out" menu

mrp777
mrp777
Community Member

I really miss the feature in previous versions where you could hover the mouse over an entry to reveal the items within it. I used this constantly, especially in credit cards to reveal the account number. I have seen several Forum members (as well as some Team Members) make this same comment so, please, bring it back!

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mrp777 - thanks for the suggestion. For nearly all user suggestions, we're happy to present them to the development team because routinely, they'll get adopted in one form or another -- or, if not, they're at least something we think would be nice to have but isn't at the top of the priority list at the moment.

But this one, I'm going to spare giving you false hope by offering to mention it to the developers; I don't think we'll be doing it. We've heard a (very) few people who preferred the old flyout menus, but the current setup is in many ways faster (no waiting for the menu to "fly out") and more secure (no inadvertent revealing of anything at all (even metadata) in a situation where your mouse just happens to land inadvertently on a menu that then "flies out."

Finally, if you want even quicker access to various bits of your data in 1Password, there's a relatively extensive menu of keyboard shortcuts for both the main 1Password app and the mini, which can get things copied/revealed even faster than waiting for a flyout menu. Hope that's helpful! :)

This discussion has been closed.