Shortcut to lock 1password X?

Options

Hi,

Is there a Shortcut to lock 1password X?

Thanks,
Anh

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @LagPick,

I don't believe so but the current auto-lock settings may allow you to achieve the effect in a roundabout way. One of the auto-lock settings is lock when the device goes to sleep and its default is enabled. If you were to set a shortcut that sends your computer to sleep that would lock 1Password X and depending on how you have your machine set up likely the computer too.

Would that work at all or is there a distinct need to quickly lock 1Password X but keeping the computer awake? I'm quite open to the potential for use cases that I haven't thought of.

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it auto popup in some field that I don't need it. They are not password / user fields

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @LagPick,

1Password X is designed to react to any field that a user might use 1Password X to fill. So along with fields that look like they belong to a sign-in form 1Password X is also considering fields for details you might store in a Credit Card or Identity item.

What might help here is one of 1Password X's autofill options. In 1Password X's settings you will find an option titled Show autofill menu on field focus. When it is enabled the inline menu will automatically appear. If you disable this option the 1Password X badge will still be added to all the fields 1Password recognises but to access the inline menu you will either need to click the 1Password X badge or you can use the down arrow key when focus is on the field.

Could that be an alternative here?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LagPick - on behalf of littlebobbytables, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to help. :)

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
  • kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hey @LagPick – thanks for pointing this out. I tested it myself, and I noticed that when I click the 1Password X icon to invoke the inline menu on a page, the setting sticks until the page is refreshed. Have you clicked the 1Password X icon on that page before you created the video? I'm bringing this up to our developers because I'm not sure that's how it's intended to work, but I wanted to clarify with you in the meantime.

ref: x/b5x#1122

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn I don't really get your point. I disable "Show autofill menu on field focus" but everytime I click to the field, it pop-up the dropdown.
    Tested website: https://app.hacknplan.com

• Hey @LagPick - I see what you're saying here. I'm thinking this behavior is due to some unsettled conflict between that field and 1Password. It seems especially uncool that the inline menu is appearing in this field it shouldn't be in even while Show autofill menu on field focus is disabled. I've added this thread to the issue Lars filed when you reported it here to provide our devs with a little more insight as to what's going on. Is https://app.hacknplan.com/ the only place you're experiencing the inline menu appearing on field focus while that setting is disabled?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. It seems that I only experience that bug in hacknplan.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LagPick - thanks for the confirmation; that sounds very much like an issue we can look further into (and hopefully resolve!) rather than something unique to your specific setup -- so thanks for reporting.

This discussion has been closed.