Reset 1Password on iOS

pinacate
pinacate
Community Member

I'm not able to access my 1Password family account from my iPhone. However all looks ok on MacOS and iPad. Is it ok to simply delete 1Password from iPhone and reinstall app from AppStore then use Emergency Kit?

As it stands now when I launch 1Password on the iPhone autofill is active on the launch screen. I can enter the master password but it get rejected.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: Family account
Referrer: forum-search:Emergency kit

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pinacate!

Before we do this, can you confirm if you are able to login to your 1Password Families account in a browser? Is everything working fine over there too?

• pinacate
    pinacate
    Community Member

We have a family account with two users. Both of use can log in to our respective accounts and all looks well there. The only problem is with one of the iPhones.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @pinacate. It's possible that you have an additional vault on this phone (a Primary vault, perhaps), with a different Master Password on this iPhone. If all you want to use is the 1Password account that you already have, you can:

1. Delete the app from your iPhone
    2. Restart your device
    3. Install the app again
    4. Scan your Emergency Kit.

Please let us know how it goes!

• pinacate
    pinacate
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Its looking good but it didn't go as I expected. I deleted the app and reinstalled a fresh copy from the AppStore, then ran 1Password. The launch screen offered 'sign up' or 'already using 1Password' with several 'already a user' options. I selected '1Password.com'. I then expected it to ask me to scan the code from the emergency kit but instead it said 'We found 1 account' for [removed]

How did it know the account name/email etc? When I supplied the account password it logged in ok. This seems to indicate that the account name and secret key survived the app deletion and reinstall. (I did your steps 1,2,3).

Here're screenshots of the two screens I'm referring to..

[screenshot removed]

• Thanks @pinacate. I've removed your personal details from your post as this is a public discussion forum. You are correct that the sign-in address, Secret Key, and email address are stored in iCloud Keychain and as such will survive the app being removed. This is intentional. Glad to hear it worked out. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.