Transfer from business account to personel

Hi,

I use 1Password in my business with several Shared Vault. For my personal use, I use the private vault in it.

I recently resign from my company, so I want to transfer my company private vault to a newly created private vault.

I added the new account in my app and it didn't propose to transfer (instruction to transfer is mentioning to do that)

In the "Item" menu, I cannot select Move for the private vault.

Can you tell me how to transfer all my information.

regards,

Merlin

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @merlin_martel! Just to make sure we're on the same page, have you signed in to your own 1Password account in 1Password for Windows as well as the team account you're leaving? If so, try switching to the Private vault, then selecting the items in it and clicking the Item menu to move them to you Personal vault. If that doesn't work, please reach out to teams@1password.com so we can help troubleshoot things. Post back here with the ID you receive after sending us that email so we can connect it to your forum post and get back to you faster. :) Talk to you soon!

• merlin_martel
    merlin_martel
    Community Member

It did work.

I got confuse, because depending of where I am, the share option is empty. When I when in the private vault, the Share option showed my personal account.

I'll send you a print screen my mail if you want to investigate.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

No problem @merlin_martel, I'll follow up with you via email shortly :+1:

• stacey_wong
    stacey_wong
    Community Member

Hey 1P team, I'm in the same scenario as @merlin_martel and need to transfer data from my Team account to my new Personal account.

I followed the instructions above, but I can't see the share option in the UI. Can you post some screenshots on how to do this?

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stacey_wong! Welcome to the forum :chuffed:

The general process for anyone looking to transfer data between 1Password.com accounts would currently be as follows:

1. Sign into both accounts inside one of our 1Password apps - this will make the vaults from both accounts available inside the app, allowing the app to act like a "bridge" between the accounts: https://support.1password.com/add-account/
    2. Use the app to move or copy data from the vaults in one account over to the other: https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

A couple of notes on that process:

• You need to have sufficient permissions to export data from the vaults in the source account; it's possible for vault managers to restrict the ability to export data on vaults, which will removing the sharing options for items in those vaults
    • Document items currently cannot be transferred between accounts; any Document items you want to transfer must be downloaded first, and then re-uploaded as new Document items in the new account: https://support.1password.com/files/
    • Related item links are not retained when transferring items between vaults
    • Custom item icons are not retained when transferring items between accounts

I hope that helps - let me know how you get on! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.