To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

The phone I had my two-factor authenticator app on no longer works [email support@1password.com]

tuvixcrc
tuvixcrc
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Memberships

I can no longer access my 1password account because the two-factor authenticator (google) app I had on my previous phone is gone along with the phone. I have had to replace the phone and use a new authenticator app.

View 1Password Approved Answer

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tuvixcrc,

I am sorry to hear about your phone! Being locked out of your 1Password account is not good.

I noticed that you also sent an email to our support address. We will take a closer look at the situation you are in and get back to you via email soon. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: YPU-74878-338

• pepperega27
    pepperega27
    Community Member

@Greg I have the same problem, I sent an e-mail to the support 7 days ago, but they have not reply me, yet.
    I have login into my MacBook Pro app, so if 1Password delete my account I can create a new account and restore all with a backup created from my mac.

I read that you are 1Password Team Member so I have write you, please contact me from e-mail...thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

Hi @pepperega27,

Thank you for reaching out! We are overwhelmed with the support request at the moment, so I am sorry for the delay with our response.

I have found your email on our side and we will get back to you asap. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: YQB-44234-249

• pepperega27
    pepperega27
    Community Member

@greg Okay. Thanks for your reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• dipsigner
    dipsigner
    Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem, what should i do?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dipsigner: Can you be more specific?

If you mean you have locked yourself out of your 1Password.com account by not having the authentication code, we may be able to help, but it can a number of days to do so, since there's a verification process and changes that need to be made to your account if everything checks out.

If you are temporarily away from the device where your authentication code is generated, it may be best to wait until you have access to that device again. alternatively, you could use a device that is already signed in, whether it’s one of the 1Password apps or a browser you’ve signed in with before. The code is only needed when signing into a new device/browser, so you could access your account on an existing device and disable it from there:

1. Click your name in the top right and select My Profile.
    2. Click More Options on the left and select Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

From there, you can also re-enable 2FA to get a new TOTP secret and set it up again. Just be sure to save a backup somewhere safe.

Finally, several authenticator apps have backup and recover options. Authy is one example of an app that allows you to recover your 2FA codes if you lose your phone. You can find their instructions here:

https://support.authy.com/hc/articles/115012672088-Restoring-Authy-Access-on-a-New-Lost-or-Inaccessible-Phone

But even if you don’t use Authy, it’s worth checking to see if your authenticator app has options available for recovery.

However, if you won't have access to the device where the authentication code is generated going forward, or any other devices you've already authorized with your 1Password.com account, you'll need to go through a verification process. Please email us at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can begin that.

• dipsigner
    dipsigner
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you! I've cleared my previous phone where i had the authenticator app, and now have no access to it, i use the new one phone. I have an authorized 1password account on my mac app, but as i understand i can't change my settings from there?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dipsigner: Correct. You'd need to sign into the 1Password.com web interface in a browser you've already authorized in order to 1) get in without the TOTP code and 2) disable two-factor.

• dipsigner
    dipsigner
    Community Member

@brenty Thnx! My support ID is #QIM-32177-665 Unfortunately i have no authorized browser (

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dipsigner: Thanks, I'll get back to you via email shortly.

ref: QIM-32177-665

• agnes777
    agnes777
    Community Member

@brenty Hi brenty, I am having the same trouble as @dipsigner. My support ID is [#ZGA-23227-291]. I have my master password and security code, but unfortunately I have no authorised browser. The two-factor authenticator (google) app I had on my previous phone is gone along with the phone. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@agnes777: Got it. I'll be in touch.

ref: ZGA-23227-291

• pepperega27
    pepperega27
    Community Member

I want to tell you that the support helped me and now I have back my account.
    Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that all is well again. Cheers! :chuffed:

• hedi
    hedi
    Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem like the comments before. I changed my iPhone and have no access to the old iPhone and authenticator app. My support ID is [#IPK-62374-313] from end of September but I get no response until now. Thank you further for your support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hedi: Hopefully you tried my suggestions above, as that could save you a lot of trouble. But I'll follow up with you via email shortly as well in case there's something we can do to help.

ref: IPK-62374-313

• czat
    czat
    Community Member

Hi @brenty

I have my master password and security code, but unfortunately I have no authorised browser. The two-factor authenticator (google) app I had on my previous phone is gone along with the phone. I can log in to 1password from mine phone. The new two-factor authenticator (google) app code doesnt work in the webportal. What should i do ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @czat! Welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify: did you lose the authenticator app you had on your previous phone, or do you still have it, but it's generating the wrong 2FA code to login to 1Password?

• xfx0freak
    xfx0freak
    Community Member

Hello everybody, unfortunately I have almost the same problem. I no longer have access to the 2FA feature, but I am logged in to my devices. Now when Windows Reinstall I've got problems. I have everything except for 2FA, I just can not re-link the PC or log in via my browser.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xfx0freak!

If you have tried all of brenty's suggestions above already, please email us at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can begin the recovery process for you.

• xfx0freak
    xfx0freak
    Community Member

Hi @czat,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Stupid question where do I get the Support ID? Coming from Germany and tried by search to find out where I get the?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@xfx0freak: you will receive an automatic email after your email us. Inside it, you should see your Support ID, but you might have to wait a couple of minutes to receive it ;)

• xfx0freak
    xfx0freak
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

@czat ,
    ah great thanks. Okay I just sent a support e-mail. Now I have the Support ID [# UPJ-75945-875]. Thanks for your help. Since you have everything so safe and all the data at hand and then fails everything on a 2FA code.

ref: UPJ-75945-875

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @xfx0freak! We received your email and we will get back to you as soon as possible over there.

(Please do not ping other users when you reply to me: they receive an email notification with every @ mention ;) )

• Hi everyone,

If you're having this problem please email us at support@1passsword.com. It is not necessary to also post in the forum. Due to the nature of this problem we're not able to assist via the (public) forum. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.