Secret Key

Nantha
Nantha
Community Member

I bought the app on my iPhone my years back and there weren't any secret key. Now i'm trying to log in online and its asking me for a secret key.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Nantha

I'm sorry for any confusion. If you purchased the Pro features for 1Password for iOS but not a 1Password membership subscription then you would not have an account with us (thus no Secret Key), and would not be able to log in on 1Password.com. Would you be able to elaborate about what it is that you're trying to achieve? We'd be happy to help, but I'm not clear at this point what it is that we can help with.

Thanks!

Ben

• Nantha
    Nantha
    Community Member

Hi Ben, yes i purchased the pro features actually on the app. I'm trying to reset my Master password.

• @Nantha I see. Thanks for the additional information. It isn't possible to reset a Master Password and then access the data that was protected by it. The only way to reset a Master Password is to start over. That said, this guide may help:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

Please let me know how it turns out and if we can be of further assistance.

Ben

• Nantha
    Nantha
    Community Member

Hi Ben thanks for the help. I was already logged in due to face ID. Managed to recall my Master password and change it. Thanks again

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it worked out. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.