Importing from LastPass Enterprise

hleumas
hleumas
Community Member

We're looking to move our company from LastPass Enterprise to 1Password Business. I know there's no way to filter LastPass' export (or at least can't find anything to do so), but is there a way for our users to import ONLY personal/non-shared entries from LastPass. We have hundreds of shared passwords and notes across multiple LastPass folders and it would be helpful if an admin can import all of those, and the users only have to worry about importing their personal entries.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password Business

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@hleumas ,

Does the LastPass Enterprise export have a way to differentiate those entries in the export itself, or can you determine which is which?

• hleumas
    hleumas
    Community Member

Unfortunately not. The best solution I found was to do a LastPass export using the owner account, which has access to ALL of the shared passwords. I took the time to organize all of those records into the various vaults and tags we needed. As we transition users, we're disabling any group or share the LastPass account is a member of so that they only have access to their personal records, which they then import into their private vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hleumas: Ah. That does sound like a bit of an organizational nightmare. Are you certain there isn't a way to export the data in batches, based on group? Either way, if you have any questions about 1Password along the way, we're here for you. :)

• mkoenig
    mkoenig
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

@hleumas @brenty Was there are resolution here? We're facing the same issue.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2019

It sounds like @hleumas has already completed his task.

It occurs to me that I could add some code to the lastpass converter to accept not only the vault to be converted, but also one or more vaults to be excluded from the export. So the admin user could export the Shared vault, and a user could convert his/her own vault and the new option would present only items not in the user's vault.

I do realize asking individual users to run the converter suite might be a bit much, but it's all I can think of short of the admin user marking or tagging all the admin's shared records, which later get removed by users.

You could also consider the lastpass CLI.

• mkoenig
    mkoenig
    Community Member

Ah, I misread @hleumas' follow-up.

That could be a solution, although you're dead on w/r/t having each user run the converter. I'd hold off on adding that code - @hleumas' solution is a bit easier from an operational perspective (it alleviates the burden of individual users having to run the converter).

Unfortunately we're still going to run into the issue of having to assign users to shared vaults. LastPass doesn't export that info (as far as I can tell), so we'd run into that issue regardless.

@MrC Thanks for the speedy response, much appreciated!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

You're welcome @mkoenig .

Check to see if the lastpass CLI can help you at least tag / mark the admin accounts / shared records so on users can more easily remove them after import into 1Password.

• mkoenig
    mkoenig
    Community Member

Good call, will do!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.