I need to remove 2FA from my account

Options
D_Hobkirk63
D_Hobkirk63
Community Member

I need 2FA removed from my account. I cannot access my 1Pw. Do it, Do it NOW. There should have been a warning and special settings for dealing with this very scenario.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205004) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: 10.13.6 (17G6030)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I need to remove 2FA from my account Immediately. Help

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

An AgileBits staff member will be along to help you in due course.

Meanwhile, as a user here is one suggestion that has helped other people.

Do you have a record of your 2FA kept anywhere? (in print, with an outside authenticator, or other method)? If so, and you are just finding that the 2FA code is not working, that happens if the time on your computer is slightly off. If you go to Date and Time in System Preferences and deselect Set Time Automatically and then reselct it then the time will be accurate.

If the problem is that you did not keep your 2FA credentials, then this is one of the few things that staff can reset for you, but they will need to check that you are the owner of the account that needs resetting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @D_Hobkirk63! Welcome to the forum!

In addition to what danco suggested (thank you for the assist), can you please also try the following and see if it helps? Go to a browser where you’ve signed into 1Password before (it’s important that you try this on a known browser, even on a different device) and sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Then, click your name in the top right and choose My Profile. Finally, click More Actions > Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

Should this not be enough, please email us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can proceed with the manual verification phase to disable 2FA for you.

There should have been a warning and special settings for dealing with this very scenario.

Which scenario are you referring to here?

This discussion has been closed.