1Password for Families - wife cannot access Shared vault from MAC

Options
idontno
idontno
Community Member

I am on a 1Password for families 30 day trial - and I have problems with the move from
standalone vaults.

My previous config
Window 10 desktop with two users defined to the OS - me and my wife, running 1Password v4.
Macbook Pro running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 was running 1Password v6 me and my wife with OS accounts
My wife and I had primary vaults shared between the two machines via dropbox. we also had a
Shared vault on dropbox.

What I did - Took out a 1pw for families trial and attempted the migration of data
The windows accounts seem fine, but there is a problem on the MAC

Problem
From wife account on MAC the 1PW app shows just 1 vault - under "ON MY MAC" a "Primary" vault - with old data,
and no "Private" vault from my.1password.com. There is no Shared vault shown. This is now my major issue - how to
connect my wife to the "My family" shared vault. The problem is limited to the Mac.
When signed into Windows on my Wife's account the 1pw app shows under "My Family", a new Private vault AND
the correct Shared vault.
As a test, an update made to an entry in the shared vault on win 10 from my wifes account is seen from my
account on both win10 and mac.
When I sign in to my.1password.com from the browser, it shows Me and Wife under People, and no pending
confirmations.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi @idontno!

From wife account on MAC the 1PW app shows just 1 vault - under "ON MY MAC" a "Primary" vault - with old data, and no "Private" vault from my.1password.com. There is no Shared vault shown.

It sounds like you still need to add her 1Password account to her app yet. Can you please try adding her 1Password account to the Mac app? Both the Private and the Shared vault should appear immediately after logging in.

• idontno
    idontno
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana
    Thank you.
    You are a genius! problem fixed. Private vault and shared vault working as they should.
    The 1PW for Families option is a lot cleaner than the bowl of spaghetti I had created with standalone 1PW licences & dropbox sharing vaults across machines! I was very anti the 1password.com & subscription model but I am now a convert!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@idontno, you are very welcome! Thank you for the update and for the kind words. I am very happy you also love and appreciate the subscription :)

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.