1Password 7 Authentication failed

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I had a yellow banner in 1Password requesting I re-authenticate. I logged out of 1Password for Windows and log in and I could not copy and paste the QR Code now? I attempted saving and copying the QR Code to 1Password 7 for Windows from my 1Password web account.

There was a message to open in 1Password URL which I didn't do. I'll need to log out and log in again

Did something change from my last attempt which I think was 2 years ago?

Chrome v74.0.3729.131

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Under Scan your Setup Code dropdown menu, there are:

From clipboard
    From my image file...
    From my system.

I cannot copy paste a QR Code image and not to clipboard. None of the above dropdown menu options are working for me. I am currently in read only more with 1Password 7 for Windows without entering the info manually.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Please try to do the following instead:

1) Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in your browser.

2) Click your name in the top right, select Get the Apps, and then click the blue button under step two that says "Already have the app? Add your account directly." Allow this link to open 1Password for Windows.

3) That will fill all of your sign-in credentials in 1Password 7 for Windows, except your Master Password. Enter your Master Password, click Sign In.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Re: an old post with the prior issue already solved but I remember that the QR Code image could be copied 3 years ago but not now?

I had a problem with 1Password 6 for Windows App and 1Password Teams. When attempting to copy the QR Code, which was successful, It took me a few attempts to realise that the "+" wasn't copied when the login failed after entering the Master Password.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/70689/qr-code-doesnt-work-when-email-address-has-plus-symbol-in-it

Just pointing out a possible issue with QR Code in 1Password 7. I am not seeing a way to copy or save the QR Code image. It doesn't seem possible from the contextual menu in Chrome.

My issue may or may not be a similar issue as posted in Windows Beta forum?I am on Window 7. QR Code is not copying or pasting.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101206/bug-cannot-scan-totp-qr-code-with-windows-app

• I'd need some confirmation from the web app team to be totally sure, @wkleem, but I think Chrome might be handling this differently since the QR code is now a link as well (to open 1Password and enter your account credentials). I do remember I used to copy it prior to scan from screen, so I don't think you're wrong there. Regardless, what I find works best across the board (at least until scan from screen is fixed), is to take a screenshot of the QR using Windows + Shift + S. That automatically copies the image to your clipboard so you can use "Scan from clipboard" in 1Password. There are numerous reasons you might not be able right-click to copy an image, so the screenshot method tends to be more consistently reliable. :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Thanks! I will try out the solution. A potential issue and I have a dual monitor setup is that when I attempt to print screen my monitor, I get a huge 2 monitor wide image from my PC.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I bet there's an app for that though. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi

I could, at the risk of rearranging my desktop icons, set the Desktop to Mirrored instead of Extended Desktop then switch back to Extended Desktop.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's certainly a possibility.

This discussion has been closed.