Trying to understand moving to a business Account

Sorry i am a bit confused. So my company just moved to 1password and i was told that once i setup the business account i could turn my family account into a free one. I don't completely understand that. Does that mean that my business will manage my family information? How do i go about migrating my family over? Will this need to be done for each one of my family members? Will i have basiclly have 2 accounts 1 business and one family and i would just log into either or depending on what i am doing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lblalock_1Pass!

Does that mean that my business will manage my family information?

No. It just means that you are going to be able to use your 1Password Families account for free instead of paying for it yourself. It's just a billing change, your employer will not manage this separate 1Password account.

How do i go about migrating my family over? Will this need to be done for each one of my family members?

This would depend on whether you have a Families account already, or if you have to create one. In your original message you wrote "my family account", so I assume you have one already. In this case you can generate a code from your 1Password Business account profile and then apply it to your Families account.

Will i have basiclly have 2 accounts 1 business and one family and i would just log into either or depending on what i am doing?

Correct. Although you can also add both accounts to the same 1Password app so you don't have to login and logout all the time :)

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

Thanks for your help!

• On behalf of Ana you're most welcome. :)

Ben

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

Sorry I am back. But when i try and redeem the free family account I get the following error:

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Is your business account in the same region as the Family Account? As far as I remember if the regions are different there are some problems with applying the codes from the business subscription.

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

yes they are in the same region.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Then someone from the team will have to look into it, I‘m pretty sure they‘ll ask you to send them an E-Mail, since for figuring this out they will need your personal information.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lblalock_1Pass - sorry for the trouble! Are these the steps you followed? If not, can you try them, and let me know what happens?

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

Yes those are the steps. When i click on apply to an existing account and i try and sign into my personal family i get listed error.

• @lblalock_1Pass

I've been chatting with one of my colleagues about this issue and he believes he understands what is happening here. Could you please email in from the email address associated with your 1Password Families membership to business@1password.com and mention the name Mhyar? He will be able to assist further. Thank you, and sorry for the trouble.

Ben

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

ok will do thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.