Need 1password 6 extension for Chrome

adrian12345
adrian12345
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Well, for Brave, actually, but Brave uses Chrome extensions.

The new 1Password extension for Chrome only works with the paid subscription. I have the standalone license and would like a link to Password 6 extension so I can continue using it with my browser. At the moment, I'm only able to find the old extension for Safari.

Thanks,
Adrian

Comments

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member

This is what I see. I've restarted the browser as well as my computer, and the icon continues to be grayed out.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adrian12345!

I have the standalone license and would like a link to Password 6 extension so I can continue using it with my browser. At the moment, I'm only able to find the old extension for Safari.

You can find the download links for all of our extensions on our Downloads page.

Looking at your screenshot in your second post, it looks like you have found this link already, but is the 1Password desktop app installed on your Mac already?

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Yes, Password 6 is already installed on my desktop. I can't migrate to Password 7 because that demands a subscription.

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member

I reinstalled 1password 6 on my desktop and after loading up Brave, 1password mini now says that the browser can't be verified. I assumed that because Brave uses Chrome extensions that it would be okay, but apparently that's not the case. Does 1password have any intention of making 1password work with Brave?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@adrian12345

I can't migrate to Password 7 because that demands a subscription.

It doesn't. You can purchase a license for 1Password 7 if you prefer, a subscription is not required (although we think that it is the best option for most users).

Does 1password have any intention of making 1password work with Brave?

1Password supports Brave already using the Chrome extension, so that should work. Please send us a diagnostic report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can see why this is happening on your computer.

Once you have sent it, please post here the Support ID you received so we can locate your message in the system.

Thank you!

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member

@ag_ana

ZHN-94274-622

Thanks,
    Adrian

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

double post

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@adrian12345 - hey there, sorry for the confusion. Brave requires 1Password 7 for Mac due to changes in the code signature since 1Password 6 for Mac was put into legacy mode. If you want to keep using 1Password 6 for Mac, you'll need to choose another browser, or you can keep using Brave but you'll then need to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac. Hope that helps clear things up. :)

• johank
    johank
    Community Member

does that apply to Safari as well? I had to remove my old keychain yesterday and now 1password browser extension is gone from Safari.
    Do I need to switch to 1Password 7 to be able to do what worked yesterday with 1p6?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@johank - I replied to the other thread you opened in regard to this; please see my answer there. :)

• Marlon_Souza
    Marlon_Souza
    Community Member

Where can I find a 1password 6 extension for chrome? I have a paid license and I just can find the extension that work with 1password 7 and I don't want to use it.

• @Marlon_Souza

1Password 6 and 1Password 7 use the same extension for Chrome:

1Password extension (desktop app required) - Chrome Web Store

I hope that helps.

Ben

• heffneil1
    heffneil1
    Community Member

I installed the latest extension to work with 1password 6 - but its not storing new passwords anymore and it will not auto fill with Chrome since the extension update.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @heffneil1! What specific version of 1Password extension do you have installed?

• heffneil1
    heffneil1
    Community Member

It was the latest version I just upgraded to version of the app so we will see how it works. Thanks!

• heffneil1
    heffneil1
    Community Member

I bought the app - didn't subscribe. Which extension should I use? The one that requires the application? Its not behaving as one would expect or has in the past. Instead when I click on the extension, installed, that requires the desktop application it says a list of options not the prompt for my password. Like adrian12345 above.

• heffneil1
    heffneil1
    Community Member

rebooting seems to have fixed the plugin for me now. Thanks!

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.