iPad and iPhone vaults are out of sync in 1Password 7 - how can that be?

kirkazar1p
kirkazar1p
Community Member

My wife and I switched from individual "primary" vaults to 1Password7 subscription and "private" vaults. Her iPad has all of her accounts but the iPhone only has about half of them. I was told syncing was automatic with the subscription with no need to manually sync or do backups. Syncing doesn't look solid on day two after inputing all of her accounts. How can I diagnose the syncing and also, how can I do backups?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS - latest
Sync Type: subsciption
Referrer: forum-search:vault not synced

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kirkazar1p! Welcome to the forum!

If your wife looks at the All Vaults view on both the iPad and the iPhone, are the vaults in the list the same on both devices? Or does the iPad perhaps have an extra vault that the iPhone doesn't have?

• kirkazar1p
    kirkazar1p
    Community Member

Hi - Thanks for the reply. Both have the exact same list of vaults.

• Thanks @kirkazar1p. Could you please log in to her account at https://my.1password.com/ ? Does the dataset that is there match the iPhone or the iPad?

Ben

• kirkazar1p
    kirkazar1p
    Community Member

Logged into the website and her private valut has 13 items - same as iPhone - and the private vault on iPad has over 100.

• kirkazar1p
    kirkazar1p
    Community Member

I'd really like to know how to export the dataset from the iPad before it gets clobbered and she has to re-input all of those logins. Is that possible from the iPad?

• @kirkazar1p

There isn't an export function on iOS, unfortunately. The vault containing 100+ items on the iPad is definitely called "Private" and not "Primary," correct? If so, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your iOS devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/504447#Comment_504447
    • Your forum username: kirkazar1p

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• kirkazar1p
    kirkazar1p
    Community Member

Upon further review, the 100+ items are in the "All Vaults" view and in Primary - NOT - Private on the iPad. Thanks for the emphasis in your wording. That got us into a different level of focus.

So the new chore is how to migrate the logins from Primary to Private?

• Ah ha! Glad to hear that made things more clear. You can move the items en masse following these instructions:

Move and copy items | 1Password

When complete and the items are visible on the iPhone and my.1password.com you'll want to delete the Primary vault. Tap Settings > Vaults > Primary. Tap Delete Vault.

Ben

• kirkazar1p
    kirkazar1p
    Community Member

Done and done. Thanks for the patience and assistance. The items are in the right vault and the old vault is removed.

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. Happy to help. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.