Inactive 2FA is incorrect

I currently have 3 login sites showing as having no 2FA in 1Password. Yet they all have 2FA enabled.

How can I tell 1Password to not flag them as Inactive 2FA as this is not correct.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Elochai: The only way 1Password can really know if you have two-factor authentication for a website is if you're using 1Password for that. :)

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

But if you're using something else * cough * instead, you can add the tag 2FA to the item to exclude it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Elochai
    Elochai
    Community Member

@brenty didn’t even know 1Password could scan 2FA and generate a code.

Seems like there a lot of features but finding the documentation easy and fast isn’t as simple. Is there any videos of 2FA in one password as I’m still not sure how it works step by step.

May I make a suggestion for the Windows App. I’d like to see tips and explanation for everything in the program. Like the inactive 2FA category; if a user right clicks it, it should put up a help option that would then deliver you to that page you linked.

Unless there is a full document on all features that I missed. I have seen some in the support area and I did find the YouTube videos. It be great to have a big help file / manual, even better to have more video tutorials on all parts :)

Thanks for the quick reply, let me know if there a video on this feature so I can see how to use it :).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Hi @Elochai,

We have an official Youtube channel, but we do not have a video about using 1Password as an authenticator. Could you please tell me what difficulties you have with this process?

As for 1Password 7 for Windows, have you checked our Get to Know article? Please make sure to check it out and let us know if you still have any questions. We are always ready to help you with 1Password. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Elochai
    Elochai
    Community Member

Ok I just figured this out and it is another great feature of the program. Sorry it been a month, I had some personal programs at home.

@Greg A demonstration of how to use 2FA for websites by Video would be very helpful for people. I bet a lot of newer people are like me, not knowing 1Password can do it. Doing more video tutorials of features like this one allows the user to see it done before trying to figure it out 1st. It just makes things so much more friendly and informative

I really do think you guys have a great product here :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Elochai,

Thank you for your kind words! We are always looking at ways to improve 1Password and our communication with our customers, so I will make sure to pass your suggestion along to our team. :)

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. Thank you again!

++
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't expect we'll be making any video for how to use 1Password for two-factor authentication on websites since they're all setup pretty differently, but you can get a general overview in the guide I linked above. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.