Lost Entire Secure Note after Editing

I use 1Password latest versions on iPhone 4, iPad 2 and Windows 7 all synchronized using Dropbox. After editing a secure note on the iPhone and saving it, the entire note just disappeared and deleted. I went to the iPad it was still there but as soon as it synced with Dropbox it was deleted as well.

Is this a known bug?

In the interest of full disclosure, my iPhone 4 is running the new iOS 5 operating system. iPad 2 is running iOS 4 and WIndows is WIndows 7.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I've not heard of this happening yet, but it would be a pretty serious problem that we would want to resolve before iOS 5 ships. Can you provide me with steps in order to reproduce the problem? I'll try to grab someone on the team running iOS 5 beta on their iPhone. Can you confirm which version of 1Password and iOS 5 beta you are running on your iPhone 4?
  • khad wrote:

I've not heard of this happening yet, but it would be a pretty serious problem that we would want to resolve before iOS 5 ships. Can you provide me with steps in order to reproduce the problem? I'll try to grab someone on the team running iOS 5 beta on their iPhone. Can you confirm which version of 1Password and iOS 5 beta you are running on your iPhone 4?

I edited a note (fairly lengthy) on the iPhone...hit Save...then Done...then Notes and it disappeared instantly. I went to the iPad and it was still there. I let it sync with DropBox and it disappeared after syncing. I have not been able to reproduce this. I tried editing two others and it did not happen again.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hm. That is certainly undesirable. We will keep an eye on this, but it can be hard to come up with a fix for something which we are unable to reproduce. :S

We will do some more tests to see if we can reproduce it. If you have any additional information (even months from now), please let me know.

Can you let me know what version of 1Password and what version of iOS 5 beta you are running?
  • khad wrote:

Hm. That is certainly undesirable. We will keep an eye on this, but it can be hard to come up with a fix for something which we are unable to reproduce. :S

We will do some more tests to see if we can reproduce it. If you have any additional information (even months from now), please let me know.

Can you let me know what version of 1Password and what version of iOS 5 beta you are running?

iOS 5.0 (9A5313e)
    1Password Pro 3.5.9
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thank you. It looks like everything is up to date. Let's both plan to post back in this thread if we find out anything further.
This discussion has been closed.