To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Recovering Master Password

jribinik
jribinik
Community Member

I am not able to log in. I don't remember my Master password but I do have the Secret Key. Need help.
Would create a new account if I wasn't paying for this one and don't want to lose money.

Thanks,
Julian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:recover master password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jribinik! Welcome to the forum!

I recommend going through the suggestions in the support article If you forgot your Master Password first. Have you tried the tips in there already?

If you did but you still cannot remember your Master Password, you can create a new account and we can help you transfer your existing subscription to the new account, so you won't lose money :)

• jribinik
    jribinik
    Community Member

Thanks, had to re-create the account :)

• Thanks for the update @jribinik. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• rmassar
    rmassar
    Community Member

Hello, I'm an IBMer, I forgot my master password and I would like to create a new account, but it says that my user already exists, how can I delete my user to create a new one with the same email address?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rmassar - if this is part of a 1Password Business account, you can ask any Administrator or Owner of the account to either put you through the Recovery process, which will prevent you (or them) from having to delete and re-add you. If this is a personal, individual 1Password account or 1Password Families account, then you would need to write into support@1password.com and let them know what the situation is; we'll be able to send you a deletion email with a special link to delete your account and create a new one with the same email address. You'll need to follow these procedures if it's a personal account that's linked to the Business account. Let us know if you have any questions!

• rmassar
    rmassar
    Community Member

Hello Lars,

Thank you for the answer. I was able to contact the company's 1password administrator and with his help and the agilebits help, I was able to reset my password in the recovery process.

Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rmassar - excellent! Glad I was able to help. It's a good idea to print out (or save to PDF) your Emergency Kit for your 1password.com account(s), and store them in a safe place. You can also write your Master Password on it, in case you forget it.

This discussion has been closed.