Invalid Login Information iOS Only

initiator
initiator
Community Member

Long time 1Password user. I recently signed up for a 1password.com account. Previously, I was using iCloud to sync. I was able to get the account setup and working on my local Mac without issue. I can login to both 1password.com and my the Mac version of 1Password using my master password. However, I'm unable to login to the iOS 1Password app. I keep getting the "Invalid Login Information" message. I made sure to carefully type the password but it just does not work.
Note: I didn't type any of the information in manually. Instead, I scanned the QR code from the 1password.com site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:invalid login information

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

@initiator - I'm sorry for the trouble. Is there any 1Password data on your iPhone in older standalone vaults that you need, that's NOT already been transferred to your 1password.com account (on your Mac)? In other words: are you able to simply delete this and start fresh without losing data? If so - if all of your 1Password data was transferred to your 1password.com account, on your Mac, then in 1Password for iOS, you can simply tap Settings > Advanced > Erase all 1Password Data and 1Password will empty its database and quit. The next time you launch 1Password on your iPhone, choose to sign into your existing account, and scan the details from your Emergency Kit: in 1Password for Mac, click Preferences > Accounts, select your account, then choose "Set up other devices." You'll see your Setup code; point your phone at that, and scan the details that way, then enter your Master Password. Let me know how that works for you.

If there IS data in 1Password on your iOS device that you haven't yet transferred to your 1password.com account, don't take the above steps; let me know.

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member

Unfortunately, this isn't an option. Since I didn't know how to add the new 1Password account, I simply deleted the iOS app and started fresh. In hindsight, probably not the best approach but I didn't anticipate any issues connecting. Given that I've started fresh, what are my options?
    I should point out also that my Master Password uses ONLY alphanumeric characters.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@initiator - here's the bit that's puzzling me. You say

I was able to get the account setup and working on my local Mac without issue. I can login to both 1password.com and my the Mac version of 1Password using my master password.

If you're able, on your Mac, to open your preferred browser and sign directly into your 1password.com account, then you should be able to sign in on your iPhone as well.

You say you deleted 1Password and started fresh. What does that mean? If you deleted 1Password, you'd have also deleted any data associated with it, so when you restart 1Password for iOS, it should be as simple to sign in there as it is on your Mac, either in a browser or in 1Password for Mac. Are you able to sign into your account in a browser on your Mac at https://start.1password.com/signin ?

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

I deleted and reinstalled the iOS app. As such, it has no data and no information. This is what I mean by "starting fresh". When the app launches, I'm prompted to either Sign Up or choose a method under 'Already using 1Password'. When I pick 1Password.com, I'm prompted for my account details. I scan the code from the 1Password.com website. It fills in everything but the Master Password. When I enter the password, I get the "Invalid Login" message. This is what I can't get passed.

Additionally, it appears that this issue isn't just related to the iOS app. The reason I purchased the subscription was because I wanted to sync my data across multiple devices, including my work PC. I just tried accessing my 1password.com account on my PC and had the same problem I had on my iOS. I get the "invalid login" message. I VERY carefully typed the Secret Key and Master Password. For some reason, these new devices do not like my master password. Is something not syncing on your end? Makes no sense to me.

Additional information. I'm not sure what happened, but now I cannot login to the 1Password.com site even on my Mac. It was literally just working. What's going on?

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Update: My Master Password no longer works ANYWHERE. What did you system do? I can't lose my years of data!

I am now COMPLETELY locked out of my account.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019

Hi @initiator

Nothing changed on our end. If you previously had a vault called "Primary" 1Password would've been unlocking using the Master Password for that vault rather than your 1Password.com Master Password. Please be sure you're entering your 1Password.com Master Password when attempting to add your account to the device. This would be the same Master Password you use when you log in at https://my.1password.com/

Ben

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member

I don't understand. I haven't made a change to the Master Password. I simply created a new account for your subscription service which I'm not regretting. When I created the account via my Mac 1Password app, it didn't ask me to create a new password. It simply accepted the Master Password that was in place. I used that to login to the website and it initially worked. Now, my Master Password does not work anywhere and there doesn't seem to be any way to recover it. What am I supposed to do?

• Let's move this conversation to email so that we can discuss details. As this is a public forum we can't get into the details of anyone's account here. I'll send you an email shortly. Thanks.

Ben

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member

OK. Thank you!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019

:+1:

Ben

ref: RUQ-33224-387

This discussion has been closed.