Synching

Options
ssmyth
ssmyth
Community Member

My synching is not matching. My computer shows 424 items. My phone shows 389 items.

1Password Version: 610.12
Extension Version: 6.8.9
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:My synching is not complete. computer shows 424 items. phone shows 389 items.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @ssmyth! I'm sorry for the trouble. If your 1Password data isn't the same between two devices, and you're off by that large a figure (35 items), it's likely they're not using the same sync method between devices.

Can you please look in both your phone and your Mac's 1Password apps, at Preferences > Vaults (for the Mac) and Settings > Vaults on your phone, and see how many vaults are there, and what are their names?

• ssmyth
    ssmyth
    Community Member
    Options

where do i find vaults on my i phone?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ssmyth -

• Open 1Password for iOS on your iPhone
    • Tap Settings > Vaults
  • ssmyth
    ssmyth
    Community Member
    Options

thank you for your help.
    I opened both, and they both say icloud

• ssmyth
    ssmyth
    Community Member
    Options

Both names are Primary

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ssmyth - OK, thanks. And if you visit Preferences > Sync in 1Password for Mac and Settings > Sync in 1Password for iOS, what do those say? Are both vaults set to sync with iCloud? Do you have iCloud Drive turned on, in both devices? And do you have only one Apple ID/iCloud account? Or might you have more than one?

• ssmyth
    ssmyth
    Community Member
    Options

I only have one icloud account,
    I dont see this option: Settings > Sync in 1Password for iOS

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ssmyth - you don't see this?

if not, can you take a screenshot of what you DO see? Thanks.

• ssmyth
    ssmyth
    Community Member
    Options

I didnt know what IOS meant.
    I have pressed that sync icon and it says its synching, but it doesnt end up with the same number.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ssmyth - OK, glad to clear that up. Can you please tap Settings > Sync > Primary and see what it's set up to sync with, and when it says the most-recent sync occurred ("Last sync")?

• ssmyth
    ssmyth
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud
    Last Sync - 52 seconds ago

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ssmyth - OK, thanks for verifying. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with both your devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#VCK-23218-244]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @ssmyth only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: VCK-23218-244

• ssmyth
    ssmyth
    Community Member
    Options

Done

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll be in touch. :)

• ssmyth