signed up for 1p teams, it incorrectly merged my personal with the teams passwords. help

Options
FinCorps
FinCorps
Community Member

Just signed up for Teams, it incorrectly merged/copied all my personal 1P items into the new Team. This is not what I want, how can I securely undo this, or remove all of the items? ~1700.

1Password Version: 1p6
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:signed up for 1p teams, it incorrectly merged my personal with the teams passwords. help

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FinCorps: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password doesn't "merge" or "copy" any data into a vault/account unless you gave it the command to do so, and there is no way to "undo" moving/copying data if you did that. If you copied, you'd need to delete the specific items from where you don't want them; if you moved them from a local vault, you'd need to move them back, or restore from a backup of that local vault and delete them from the account. Alternatively, if the account is brand new, you could delete the account and then create a new one with nothing in it -- which would be best if you do not want anything in the Trash or Item History there.

• FinCorps
    FinCorps
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, we got it handled using the app. I must have clicked copy somewhere, but I was specifically attempting not to do that. :-D

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! It may not have been an explicit "copy" option you selected, but rather when adding a new account 1Password will ask you if you want to migrate your data to it. Saying yes to that would have done it. Anyway, it sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.