Is it ok to use Mac 1Password extension for Chrome on Windows?

pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited September 2011 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Hi, I have extension sync switched on in Chrome. When this is working I've found that my Mac 1Password extension for Chrome, replaces my Windows Chrome 1Password extension.

To my surprise, the Mac extension works well on Windows and I haven't noticed any problems with it.

So, I'm just wondering if it's ok to keep on using the Mac 1Password extension on Windows, as currently there's no way to select which extensions sync across with Chrome.

Using the latest stable version (1.0.8.216) of 1Password on Windows 7 x64.

Thanks, Paul

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    As we've written in other threads, you should not enable extension sync'ing built into Chrome; otherwise, you could end up with the 1Password (Mac) extension on your PC or the 1Password (Windows) extension on your Mac, and they are not interchangeable—they are platform-specific.

I can only assume that you have both on your PC and that you've been lucky so far. :) I wouldn't do it, myself.
  • pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the reply. I've switched off extension syncing now and will use the Windows Chrome extension on Windows from now on. Thanks again for the helpful advice - I think I must have been lucky for it to still work with syncing switched on :oops:
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Glad to help!
This discussion has been closed.