Wanting 1P to not ask to save certain login

Options
BenBob
BenBob
Community Member

1) I have one site I use a token generator to login. I went to the 1P browser setting and listed the address where I want 1P to not ask to save the login. But it still asks and I would like that feature turned off for that site. Any suggestions?

2) Thinking that maybe to fix the above problem I selected quit 1P completely in the settings menu and then reopened it. That did not seem to help - and as a further problem, when I quit 1P completely, it removed the icon from my toolbar at top of my Mac and I can't seem to get it to reappear. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 1Password 7
OS Version: OS 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BenBob - I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you're using another method to sign into a particular site, and you don't want 1Password to offer to save that site when you click "Login" or press Enter, you can click Preferences > Browsers and add the site URL into the exceptions box, like this:
    Is this what you've already done? If not, give this a try, and let me know how that goes for you.

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    Options

Yes Lars, that's exactly what I was asking. I have infant added the URL to the browser preference as you describe but 1P still asks me if I want to save it. Here is a screen shot of my 1P settings.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BenBob - try using just usaa.com instead of the full URL to that specific page. :)

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    Options

You are the best Lars! That fixed it!

Any idea how to get 1P icon to show back in my toolbar when Safari is open? It used to show but as explained in my original post, now it doesn't. It does show in the toolbar when I am not on Safari but I kind of like it showing there even when Safari was open.

Ben

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BenBob - so you're saying that even when 1Password is open/unlocked, you don't see 1Password in your Mac's menubar? Make sure the "show in menubar" option is checked in Preferences > General:

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    Options

Yep Lars that is what I am saying. The attached screen shot shows that "show 1P in menu bar" is checked and you can also see the 1P icon showing in Safari but not in the menu bar. It did show in the menu bar until earlier today when I clicked "quit 1P completely" in the settings drop down. I haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing, you think that might work?

• Ben
    Options

@BenBob

I think you may simply have too many icons in your menu bar for another to appear there? Could you please try this for me:

1. Open System Preferences
    2. Select Date & Time
    3. Go to the Clock tab
    4. Switch the time option to analog and turn off the day of the week and the date

That should free up a significant amount of menu bar space. Restart the Mac and see if 1Password appears. If it does, then this is indeed the issue, and you'll need to find an agreeable way to make more space. If it still does not appear then we can troubleshoot further.

Ben

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I wondered about that possibility but since I hadn't added anything to the menu bar I didn't think that was the problem. So I restarted without changing the the clock as you suggested and that fixed it! Didn't have to change anything, just restart! Screen shot attached.

Thanks Ben!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that helped! Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.