Sync Issue

Dappadee
Dappadee
Community Member

I have an issue where changes to a login in 1Password on Android are not being synced with 1Password on Windows. Any ideas what's going on here?

1Password Version: 7.1.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dappadee: If you don't have any sync method configured, that would make sense. You'd need to that in that case:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

If you already have sync setup, it would be helpful to know what you're using, since you omitted that information from your post. Let me know and we'll go from there.

• Dappadee
    Dappadee
    Community Member

Yes, sorry, should've said that I'm using the standard 1Password sync that comes with membership.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dappadee: Thanks! Are you signed into the same 1Password account on both devices (under Settings/Account)? Do you have a local ("Primary", "On this PC") vault setup on either of them?

• Dappadee
    Dappadee
    Community Member

@brenty Yes I'm signed into the same 1Password account. I have no "primary" or "On this PC" vaults, only have a private and shared one.

Interestingly enough, I signed out and back into 1Password on Windows and it is once again syncing. This means I've lost changes made on Windows since it stopped syncing, but there weren't that many.

Is this something that can happen occasionally?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dappadee: I'm glad that it's working for you now, but it's not something I would have recommended -- especially if I'd known you had offline changes in the Windows app.

It sounds like you became disconnected from the server. It almost certainly would have reconnected eventually, unless something on your computer or network was actively preventing it from doing so on an ongoing basis for some reason. We see this more on Windows with the proliferation of "security" software and some platform differences. For us, that isn't what I'd call "occasionally", because we tend to hear from people who are having problems very quickly. But it's not the norm overall. If you encounter further issues, please let us know so we can get more details.

This discussion has been closed.