Change team account to private account

Options
MieNeko
MieNeko
Community Member

Can I change my team account to my private account? I don't need a team account and my testing phase will stop in 4 days.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change team account to private account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @MieNeko! There are ways to convert memberships from one kind to another, but if you're still in the trial phase and you've not entered any credit card information for payment yet, then the easiest thing to do is probably going to be signing up for an individual 1Password membership at https://start.1password.com/sign-up/ and then moving your data from one account to the other, within 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows:

1. Sign up for the new individual account. Remember to choose a good Master Password and keep your Emergency Kit somewhere safe.
    2. Add your new account to 1Password on your Mac or PC
    3. Move your items from your Business account to the new Individual account.
    4. Once the business account is empty, you can remove it from 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows by clicking the minus ( - ) button in 1Password's Preferences > Accounts.
    5. Make sure on other devices to either start over or to add your new account and then remove the older Business account.

That should do it, but let us know how you get on. :)

This discussion has been closed.