"Never save for this website" saved in cloud or not?

Options
gandalf_saxe
gandalf_saxe
Community Member

Hi,

I've found after installing 1Password on a new Mac that I need to tell it a whole of times "Never save for this website" for places that I've already told it so on my last installation. It seems like this information is not saved in the account / cloud. Could you please consider this?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gandalf_saxe

I do vaguely remember it being the case that this preference doesn't sync. We don't tend to sync the app's preferences across installations, but I could see how it might be helpful in this case. One of the challenges we'd face is folks with multiple accounts. Which account should the preferences sync through? In any event, yes, I think this is something we can consider, however it will take some careful consideration. :)

Ben

• gandalf_saxe
    gandalf_saxe
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I don't really see the "Never save for this website" information as part of my application preferences. Logically, it's more like account-specific data, i.e. "On this account, never save password for this website".

Have you thought about these items being synced as a new category it items, on equal footing to logins, software licenses, passports etc.? Then if you have multiple account active, this could somehow be represented in the pop-up prompt where they could be selected/deselected (defaulting to the last set of selected accounts). If only one account is active, the interface could look exactly as it is now.

This is preferable to the data being saved locally as part of the application preferences for two reasons:
    1. Sync: It syncs as part of the account
    2. Transparency: It's really easy / clear where to go if one wants to edit the ignored websites. Right now, I don't even know where to look for this, I just have a vague idea that it's probably in some plist somewhere in ~/Library/Preferences/.

• Ben
    Options

I don't really see the "Never save for this website" information as part of my application preferences. Logically, it's more like account-specific data, i.e. "On this account, never save password for this website".

I think that is a reasonable perspective, though obviously it isn't the approach we've taken thus far.

Have you thought about these items being synced as a new category it items, on equal footing to logins, software licenses, passports etc.? Then if you have multiple account active, this could somehow be represented in the pop-up prompt where they could be selected/deselected (defaulting to the last set of selected accounts). If only one account is active, the interface could look exactly as it is now.

I had not thought about that. It is an interesting idea. :)

Thanks.

Ben

• gandalf_saxe
    gandalf_saxe
    Community Member
    Options

Alright. As for now, I find the actual list in-app in Preferences -> Browsers, there is a text field. I can manually back it up and paste it in if I need it again. Obviously not so fun to maintain if you have multiple computers, but it'll do for now :chuffed:

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear you've found a workaround for the present time, though admittedly not an elegant solution. Hopefully we can find a better way to handle this in the future. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.