Family member never received Secret Key email after registering

swanvestas
swanvestas
Community Member

I've been trying to help a client create a Family membership under a Personal account that was converted to a Family Account. The Owner sent the Invitation, the Family Member responded, the Owner confirmed and the Family Member created her Master Password, but then did not receive the email from AgileBits with the Secret Key, so is unable to login and setup her account via the my.password.com site. I can share Owner's login credentials via a support call to fix the issue from your end.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: my.password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@swanvestas: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! No one receives a "secret key email"; the Secret Key is generated and shown to the user during account setup, the step after the Master Password. If they didn't save it (they're also prompted to save their Emergency Kit, which includes the Secret Key, after completing the sign up process), it cannot be gotten. A family Organizer would need to help them recover their account:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

P.S: Never share any account credentials!

• swanvestas
    swanvestas
    Community Member

@brenty: After the example above, I went back to the Owner's dashboard and there is no record of the Family member Invitation or Confirmation. Thus, the family member is not showing up in the Owner's account. So we tried sending out a new Invitation which was never received by the family member. We then tried "resending" the Invitation. Again, never received. (And, yes, I checked the email address) So, literally the Family member doesn't have an account to recover. What next?

• @swanvestas

If they're not getting any of the emails that is something that will need to be resolved. Do they have another email address you could try sending to? If not please try adding hello@1password.com to their address book and / or spam filter whitelist.

Thanks!

Ben

• swanvestas
    swanvestas
    Community Member

@Ben: Can I have the invite sent to me to get the process started and then use their email address to setup the account? Or does it need to be another email assigned to the same user (which doesn't exist.)

• The email would need to go to them directly. I'd recommend reviewing their spam filtering if an alternate email address isn't a possibility.

Ben

• swanvestas
    swanvestas
    Community Member

Unfortunately I already did. I'm going to try the hello@1password.com trick to see if that works. Have you heard of this issue with Gmail addresses?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

Definitely not. We've all got Gmail accounts. We would, quite literally, be the first to notice any issues with that.

This discussion has been closed.