1.15.0 - Clicking icon in Chrome leads to blank page

Options

Hey there, my 1Password X extension in Chrome just updated to 1.15.0. It was working great before the update, but now when I click on the icon in my Chrome taskbar to log in, it just brings me to a blank page with the following URL: chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome

I've tried signing out of 1Password X via the browser, ended all Chrome processes and opened again, uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, and rebooting my computer. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jamesfdcampbell – sorry for the trouble! Can you try signing into your account at https://my.1password.com? After signing in, you should receive a popup asking if you'd like to add the account to 1Password X. Go ahead and click yes and let me know if things work better for you after that.

• phantom4
    phantom4
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I seem to be having the same exact error. Signing in didn't seem to fix the problem. In addition, if I have the extension collect errors, I have the following so far:

Error in event handler: TypeError: Cannot read property 'nakedDomainForURL' of undefined
    Uncaught (in promise) UnknownError: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
    Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'getDeviceUUID' of null
    Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'findAccountByUUID' of null
    Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAllAccounts' of null

All in background/background.js

Extension: 1.15.0
    OS Version: MacOS 10.14.4
    Chrome version: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hey @phantom4! Thanks for the report. Our team is working on a solution to this. I'll update this thread once we have more information for you.

ref: x/b5x#1175

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    same problem here. A click on the Icon or a Shift+Ctrl+X opens a new Tab with the URL

chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome

Hardware is an Acer Chromebook with actual ChromeOS. Login to the account does not solve the problem.

Greetings from Germany

Jan

• cecelia
    Options

Thanks for +1'ing this issue, @Harlie! As Kaitlyn mentioned, our devs are hard at work on a fix for this, but in the meantime, can you try locking and unlocking 1Password X? To do this, right click the 1Password X icon in your browser and choose lock. Then click on the icon again to unlock. Does that fix it?

• cecelia
    Options

Hey @Harlie @phantom4 & @jamesfdcampbell - We just released an update to 1Password X (1.15.1) that should resolve these issues. If you haven't already, can you update 1Password X and check if things are working for you?

• Click the Chrome menu ⋮ in Google Chrome's toolbar.
    • Click More tools > Extensions.
    • Bump the slider to the right next to Developer Mode and click the Update button.
This discussion has been closed.