1Password Broken as a Chrome Extension

Hi. I use a chromebook and yesterday my 1passwords extension just died. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the past. Upon attempting to update the extension. I use the online version and the extension since it is a chromebook. I don't have a desktop version but the extension is 1.15.0.

Is this a known issue? Is there a estimate on when it will be corrected? 1password is mostly useless without the plugin. I never had a problem another similar provider I used in the past.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.0
OS Version: Chrome
Sync Type: Google Cloud

Comments

• MonnyA
    MonnyA
    Community Member

I maybe have a related issue here. How much memory does your computer have? Perhaps the extension isn't able to allocate enough and just dies.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dississy! Could you explain what you mean when you say that 1Password X dies? For example, is the popup white when you click the 1Password X icon or are you unable to click it at all? Perhaps a screenshot will help if you're seeing any sort of error.

• dississy
    dississy
    Community Member

Thanks! I don't think a screenshot is worthy - it just does nothing. I can right click it and go into that menu - but in and of itself it just has the black lock on it and won't come up or auto-fill or anything with a direct click.

Sometimes it kicks me over to this address but nothing materializes -
    chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome

As I said I did all the troubleshooting (twice) and turned off all my other extensions to free up memory as pointed out above.

It was working just fine until yesterday afternoon-ish.

If I want anything now I have to log on to the webportal version separately and copy and paste.

• cecelia
    edited May 2019

Hey @dississy & @MonnyA - We just released an update to 1Password X (1.15.1) that should resolve these issues. If you haven't already, can you update 1Password X and check if things are working for you?

• Click the Chrome menu ⋮ in Google Chrome's toolbar.
    • Click More tools > Extensions.
    • Bump the slider to the right next to Developer Mode and click the Update button.
  • dississy
    dississy
    Community Member

Hi. Indeed it now works for me seemingly and at rocket speed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

@dississy: That's awesome! Thanks so much for letting us know. I'll pass that on to the team. I'm really sorry that you encountered that issue, but it's great to hear that the update has you flying high again. :chuffed: 🚀

This discussion has been closed.