1Password on Mac doesn't find entries any more

Options
vanderwal
vanderwal
Community Member

I have been a long time user of 1Password and over the last year search in 1Password has gone form poor to returning nothing or returning about 1/10th of the results that should be there. I have over 1,400 entries and have a lot of similar accounts. I keep old accounts I don't have access to around so I don't repeat passwords. But, this means I have over 20 accounts for VPN, but it returns 3. I have added VPN to the titles of the ones I care most about currently, but that doesn't help. I've tried the advanced search, but nothing is working to getting me back to the near perfect search 1Password did have.

On occasion the Safari extension will provide a few more results than the full app, but not the full set of accounts with that term, which is really odd.

Help!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:search

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vanderwal,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'm not able to reproduce this here. Are you saying that if you create an item with a title of "Some test VPN" and then use the search in 1Password to search for the keyword "VPN" it isn't returning the "Some test VPN" item as a result? Do you have multiple vaults? What do you have your search criteria set to (click the magnifying glass in the search field)?

Ben

• vanderwal
    vanderwal
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that scenario is correct. I am searching "all major fields". I have two vaults (one has only one entry), but I am only getting 3 (not the one I'm seeking) entries out of nearly 20 options I should be getting. I have added a tag for "vpn" and that isn't surfacing from search, but does from the tag selection list.

• Ben
    Options

It sounds as though you may have a corrupt item in your database that is hanging up the search process. To investigate this further, and to confirm or deny that suspicion, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/103643/1password-on-mac-doesnt-find-entries-any-more#latest
    • Your forum username: vanderwal

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.