How can I get the 1Password extension to install/work with the Brave browser?

I am trying the Brave Browser. I like it very much but cannot use it without 1Password. I cannot install or use the 1Password extension. I am using version 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9 (689001).

Thanks for any help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I get the 1Password extension to install/work with the Brave browser?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @geamstutz,

The crux of it is that due to a change in the signing certificate used by Brave anything older than 1Password 7.1.2 cannot verify Brave and so treats it as a compromised browser. It means 1Password 6 will never allow our extension in Brave to connect as it does not view the current copy of Brave as trustworthy. If you wish to remain with 1Password 6 then the following browsers do still work.

• Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Vivaldi
    • Opera

You'll notice I've left Safari off the list. We do still work there but the writing is on the wall for the older style Safari Extension Gallery extensions that work with 1Password 6. Most likely in the next major version of Safari we will see only Safari App Extension extensions allowed which will also require a current version of 1Password 7.

If you haven't heard about 1Password 7 yet then our support page Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac is a good starting place as to what is new and what options for upgrading exist. If you have any questions relating to any of this please let me know and I apologise that 1Password 6 lost its first browser as quickly as it did, less than a year after 1Password 6 was last actively worked on.

• geamstutz
    geamstutz
    Community Member

Thanks for the info

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@geamstutz, on behalf of littlebobbytables, you are very welcome! I am happy to hear he was able to clarify things for you.

Have a wonderful day! :)

This discussion has been closed.